Steve Ruuth is currently a Professor of Mathematics in the Applied and Computational Mathematics Group at Simon Fraser University.
He completed his PhD at the University of British Columbia in 1996. This was followed by a position at UCLA as an NSERC Postdoctoral
Visiting Assistant Professor (1996 -1999). He was the winner of the Canadian Applied and Industrial
Mathematics (CAIMS) Doctoral Dissertation Award in 1996.
In 2011, he was awarded the
Germund Dahlquist Prize from the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
for his research contributions to the development and understanding of the numerical solution of
initial value problems for ordinary and partial differential equations.
- Professor (2009-present) Simon Fraser University;
- Associate Professor (2005-2009) Simon Fraser University;
- Assistant Professor (1999-2005) Simon Fraser University;
- Postdoctoral Fellow and Visiting Assistant Professor (1996-1999) University of California - Los Angeles;
- Ph.D. (1996) University of British Columbia;
- M.Sc. (1993) University of British Columbia;
- B.Math (1991) University of Waterloo;