Spring 2013 seminar on complex analysis and combinatorics
Last semester's seminar is continuing, now following Pemantle and Wilson's book. Thanks to Nicolas and Sam for organizing it again.
This learning seminar can be taken as a reading course; please contact me if you are interested.
We will be in K9509, 3:30-5:30 Mondays. See below for the schedule.
- January 21
- Nicolas Marie, Morse Theory. Summary: Brad Jones
- January 28
- Steve Melczer. Summary: Sam Johnson
- February 4
- Sam Johnson. Summary: Steve Melczer
- February 11
- reading week, no seminar
- February 18
- Lily Yen. Summary: Steve Melczer
- February 25
- Brad Jones. Summary: Sam Johnson
- March 4
- Sophie Burrill. Summary: Brad Jones
- March 11
- Karen Yeats. Summary: Steve Melczer
- March 18
- Nicolas Marie. Summary: Sam Johnson
- March 25
- Sam Johnson. Summary: Brad Jones
- April 1
- Easter Monday: no seminar
- April 8
- Brad Jones. Summary: Steve Melczer
- April 15
- Steve Melczer. Summary: Brad Jones
- April 22
- Sam Johnson.
- April 29
- Analytic Combinatorics in Several Variables, Pemantle and Wilson.
Older seminars on more motivic topics from when I was at Boston University. There are many broken links, but I consider these archived and so they will not be changed.